A while back, I was adjusting my bridge and the pin that goes through the bridge foot on the G side broke, scarring the top of my bass. At least it's under the bridge feet lol. Since then the E side was a bit too low, about the same height as the G side. I had a non-adjustable bridge, but with moving a couple times, having all my belongings in storage, I can't find it. Today I found the feet and adjusters from another bridge. These are taller, so I put one of those on the E side of the bridge I've been using. I will probably sand the foot down just a bit more, but it worked, and it projects quite a bit better now. The odd thing is, the E string feels weird being against my right thumb higher than I'm used to, but I'll get used to that.
I also have a couple washers above and below the adjusters on the G side. Had to do that since that side broke.
When you make low wages, you do what you have to, but I'm quite happy to be able to get it taken care of.
I rest my gig bag, can't afford a case