G String Vibration and other strange sounds
I took my bass (ShenSB80) in to a luthier mainly to get the bridge adjusted and the fingerboard redressed. I asked him to check quite a few small issues. I had been having problems adjusting the bridge height to compensate for the environment and I had heard some weird buzzing more recently up by the nut and pegs.
He adjusted the bridge both it's top curve and the length of the legs to allow the adjusters to move. He said he adjusted the soundpost. He redressed the fingerboard. He restrung the bass with a tighter fit up at the pegs. Its much neater in there now.
I get the bass home. I let it sit several hours (I had to work). I get home and tune it up and start to mess around. Now, I have several new issues!
1. The G string vibrates like mad when I play "G" on the D string. Essentially two versions of the same note.
2. The open D string now seems louder than the others.
3. The bass makes a weird "thumpy" noise when I play the A and E, but mostly the E string. Almost like there's an echo trying to work it's way out of the bass.
4. The E string has a lot of noise up closer to the nut.
5. I am getting a lot of "finger" noise that seems flubby mostly in half and first position. Especially bad when bowing.
I'm scared. It isn't the greatest bass in the world, but it was fairly decent in sound. Now, I have more issues than I care to think about. Any advice? I've tried to read just about every thread on every forum I could find.