Updates: after receiving the soundpost setter I began to examine the post in the bass. After looking at it I pulled it out. It was tight. So I began to take off a little wood. I used sandpaper on a flat surface. Once the post was back in and slightly adjusted I didn't like the sound it was unfocused and not well balanced. So I decided to try another Traeger trick for ply basses. I found a birch dowell in my basement. It was 5/8 in diameter and straight. I matched up the length, cut it, shaped it and installed it. Wow. Opened the bass right up! In addition to a little more shaping of the bridge, the bass has amazing sustain and growl now. The volume is even both pizz and with the bow. I am concerned about a smaller, stiffer soundpost causing a warp so I'm watching that. But it is cut much looser in the bass. I believe it's a proper fit now. The sound is so awesome now I can't stop playing it. Thank you for sharing your insight Chuck!