Acoustic Homemade Foot Percussion
My newest band, The Birds of Japan, is sort of a Pirate-Folk band, and the lineup is me on banjo, classical guitarist, mandolin, acoustic bass, melodica, and eventually a violinist. As you can see, we're quite percussionless, and stomping on the ground only goes so far, so we're in the market (or lack there of) for some percussion that we can play while playing our other instruments. I've done some Google searching on stompboxes, but 99% of it is effect boxes, and the other 1% are mic'd stompboxes. Anyone have any advice on building an acoustic stompbox, or any other percussion for the feet? I'm gonna go try out a milk crate next time I get a chance. I also think hooking up chains or something to our ankles might sound good.
Remember, grammar is the difference between, "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse," and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."