Am I "The Bass Satan"?
I never thought so until the past year or 2. But now my self- image is shaken to the core! I freely admit it is of my own making. Allow me to list (confess) my failings/sins:
1. I enjoy BOTH 4 & 5 strings (bass "bi"?).
2. I have used mismatched speakers/cabs (I swear I won't do it ever again!).
3. I've worn hats, shades, and shorts onstage (on occassion all at once!!!). And I may do it again!!!!
4. I've played Mustang Sally (WAY too often).
5. I've owned Fenders, AND non-fenders, even in burst!!!!
6. I've played covers, AND originals!
7. I've even played for free (but NOT OFTEN!)!!!!
I'm sure there are several more, but I am just swimming in a fog of bass nono's. My apologies to my bass betters. I will try and mend my ways! :help:
Dang Wesley, I thought I was bad! LOL! Anyone else? Come on...it's a freeing experience!
I've left by bass at home when going to rehearsals...
I had to run home to get my bass right before a show. Ran out of the house so fast I completely forgot to grab it and didn't realize till after I was done loading in. DOH! Got back to the bar with about 15min to spare.
played in shorts
played in sunglasses
played with a fake handlebar mustache
played in a hat
stacked a 410 on top of a 115, and underpowered both of them
played an Ibanez GSR200 on stage
never played a Fender on stage
never paid more than $500 for a bass, nor will I ever.
Many years ago I left the bass at school (1987) with an important gig that night. School was locked.
Someone rented or borrowed a fender p for me... Many years later, thank you to john trepp for doing that....
I've played a GSR200 on stage. That's my beater...
Woe be unto the fool who allows himself to photographed whilst breaking multiple TB rules...OP, you're not The Bass Satan, it's just the fire and brimstone being emitted by the Enforcers From the Dark Side.:p
I've played without a backup, and I adjust my EQ with my eyes.
I preferably don't even use my EQ. A good bass and a good amp should, shouldn't need EQ'ing, only for acoustics issues.
I consider myself a drummer more than a bassist
one question ...
Do you ...
9. I've used a music stand on stage.
I play with a pick
I mix speaker cabs
I wear sunglasses
I do not use flatwound strings ever
I slap my bass
I use effects
I played covers and I liked it
I don't own a 4 stringed p-bass
I often play without drinking any alcohol. :o
1. I hung my bass down to my thighs once.
2. Played with a pick.
3. Battery on my Ibanez died one show and I kept playing like it was still on.
4. I've played a really crappy Squier on stage.
5. Sold a bass given to me as a Christmas gift...I still beat myself up for it.
6. Considered "relic-ing" one of my basses. Let's just say I have to use my right arm to cover it.
7. Almost sold my MIM worth $400 to a pawnshop who offered me $60....the words I could use to describe those lowballers....GAH
8. Wore shades in a darkened stage....yeah....
Ok....we have all made mistakes that can be forgiven....
But no PBass ???
You may need some help!
I play the bass much like others play a guitar.
I drink alcohol at practice and at gigs.
I have never paid more than $500 for a bass.
I have never paid more than $100 for a pedal.
Both of my basses were made in China.
I have never played my bass in a church (or even been to church since I was a kid).
I play with a pick.
I play with my fingers
I never slap
I wear sunglasses on stage
I wear shorts on stage
I wear hats on stage
I use a pick on flats
I used mixed cabinets for years
My basses are made in germany (4), Italy (1), Japan (1), Ireland (1); only one made in the US, and it is an ABG.
Left Fender for an european made bass
Left Ampeg for an european made class D head
I use lots of effects
I use DIGITAL effects
I live on pentatonics
Love playing covers
Only been in churches on marriages; never playing.
No hope for me.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:56 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.