Haven't done a list in a while so here's one in no order:
10. Just Another Day by Oingo Boingo - I always felt it was profound & excellent musically, that rose above their more quirky other songs (see: I Love Little Girls--what the hell man). great bass work btw. But could never take them seriously. aside, Elfman began as music-illiterate. actually he's a genius http://www.americancomposers.org/elfman_interview.htm
9. Shake the Disease, Depeche Mode. I dunt like thems. That Catching Up With Depeche Mode album cover is the worst cover in history. They must regret that ****. I don't even think gay men like them. I wouldn't know. **** it. Good song.
8. Love Missile F111, Sigue Sigue Sputnik. Fake media frenzy over a fake band over fake music? reminds me of milli vanilli who were actually catchy i have to admit. Love Missile made me want to do lines & heat-butt hookers. Recommended.
7. Nobody's Diary / Yazoo
Alison Moyet is awesome. but that band is actually one dude behind a synth. synth is fine but those sounds they chose were embarrassing then & now. good singing though. And she's still working! Hooray for Alison Moyet!
6. A Girl Like You, Smithereens.
This song kicks ass. Singer--annoying. Not a good enough reason I know. I'm annoying.
5. Walking In LA - Missing Persons
Before there was ladygaga there was dale bozzio. her husband's a good drummer. is terry the guy or is dale the guy? a couple & both have dude names.
4. Favourite Shirts (boy meets girl) by Haircut 100. Singer tries to act too cute but good bass work. also see Love Plus One. And by that i mean look it up on spotify.
3. Catch My Fall, Billy Idol
He's a douche.
2. London by The Smiths. The only punk song they ever made. Can't stand Morrisey. You know I'm right.
1. Maniac - Michael Sembello
ok the video helps. song not so great. but ahve you seen the video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x1K5UH2nek
If there was a song or video for the Phoebe Cates scene in Fast Times that would be number 1.