If you can answer yes to one or more of the following questions then you may be a candidate for the Lowbrow Bass Fiddle Club:
1. Ever play a gig barefoot?
2. Are "barn" and "venue" interchangeable terms in your lexicon?
3. Do you play BOTH styles; slapping AND plucking?
4. Is a bow something you use to hunt with before rifle season opens?
5. Is Bill Monroe classical music to you?
6. When asked about how a bass speaks to you have you ever replied "She's a real thumper!"?
7. Does your luthier fix cars on the side?
8. Does the "method" you study include learning some Jimbo moves?
9. Ever been in a quandry when refinishing a bass...flames?...pinup girl?...tribal pinstriping?
10. Does your quartet include a banjo?
These are just a few questions to get started with. The club requirements are simple. You must play and love the great music of the unwashed masses and you must also add another question like the above to help further define who may be a Lowbrow Bass Fiddle player. Y'all high society types that play Jazz and Classical are invited too provided you spend at least a little time dabbling in the blue collar arts as well.