2014 New Year's resolutions
It's inevitable to begin and I haven't spotted one for 2014 posted here so let's get on with it...
What are your New Year's resolutions for 2014?
1. Body: I'm thinking less sitting (in a cubicle) and more moving (yes, that would be 'outside' the cubicle). Bass-wise I'd say tackle a smoother execution on the fretting hand.
2. Mind: Drowned out the televised propaganda I'm subjected to at the office with ear buds and a steady stream of Tonbruket and HLS (for starters anyway).
3. Soul: Find more opportunities to read thought provoking books and schedule more swappings of pints among friends.
This year, I resolve to be far more sarcastic, mean-spirited and cynical than I have ever been before. I also plan to lie a lot more.
I really got to deal with this weight problem. Mid 30's, gained 25 pounds in the last two years. Can't seem to lose it (well it went up to 35 at some point but i managed to lose ten pounds). I hate what i look like and health wise its just not good. I just find it much harder then before to lose weight (as it should be...and it wont get easier as years go by).
I like the mind, body, and soul approach.
1. Grow a spine. A crap ton of people walked all over me last year. No more Mr. nice guy.
2. Spend more time with family and friends. I put a lot of people on the back burner for a band that ended up replacing me, which I discovered when they finally got a website up and I wasn't on it. I think they began to replace me while I was away for a weekend helping my family during my grandpa's funeral. :D
3. Win some bike races. The lack of band and new work schedule should help me with goal #2 as well as more time on the bike.
4. Get back to basics with guitar and bass. I have a bunch of True Fire lessons and various books to keep me busy. No band for a year. Be more of a hired gun type as the loyal friend approach got me nowhere.
1) Quit smoking. No vaping because it looks silly and I don't wanna be addicted to nicotine anymore.
2) Work out more.
3) Read more, watch tv less.
4) Play in as many bands as I can. I recently joined an originals band (I hate the guys music but it's fun playing in a group). I have a bluegrass jam lined up. I'd like to play in a jazz trio/ensemble of some sort.
Be more grateful
Reduce frequency of aggressive actions
Honor a man's word and do what I promise myself and others
Cut down on my soda consumption
Stop buying basses
Not a full-fledged resolution, but I recently decided to focus on maintaining good form, whatever Im doing. Doing so keeps me from trying too hard and straining or injuring myself, or just looking desperate. This attitude applies to work, hobbies, sex and many other activities. It has already paid off hugely in my enjoyment of said activities and contentment before and after. I believe it's going to be a very good year. :)
I'm going to find a new job!
I'm going to lose 25 pounds.
And I'm going to give up tobacco completely. (I quit years ago, but I do still dabble)
Oh, and I'm gonna grow a beard. I've never let it go past the point where my face just looks dirty but I'm gonna do it this time. I'm 9 days in and just reached the dirty hobo phase. I'm committed.
....primarily cuz my electric shaver died and I don't wanna buy another one, but also cuz I want a beard.
Re-gain my kids' interest. I realize teenage kids want nothing to do with their parents, but as a parent of a couple teenage kids it's a real bummer. I'd like to do more with them and I'd like it if they enjoyed doing things with me.
More quality time with my wife. Less running around, less big vacations, more hanging out at home and enjoying each other's company.
Get on the mountain. Haven't climbed a 14er in a couple years, only went fishing 4 times in 2013, didn't go camping at all in 2013, and I'm on pace for less than 10 days up snowboarding.
Participate in a CrossFit competition, and continue to get better every day.
every year i decide if a certain "friend" is really a friend. if the scales tip toward positive energy,.. i stay commited. this year i'm thinking that a certain female is just to inconsiderate for me!
other than that, my life is what it is & i love it, regardless of being weighed down by fear of the unknown.
just beware of "Energy Vampires"!:(
Repent and prepare
-Lose 10 more lbs.
-Possibly enter into an IRA
-Cut out read meat entirely
Already lost 10 lbs last year, the red meat has already begun and I'm down to about 8 oz a week...which is about what the average American eats a day...
All resolutions except going to the gym blah, blah, blah open for consideration.
Write "2014" in situations where I used to write "2013".
I haven't made any yet, but I broke all of them already.
Ive resolved to quit making resolutions. No need to wait til the start of the year to improve myself. Its a daily struggle.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:41 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.