Who else is getting tired of all of these ridiculous lists that are popping up everywhere? Always a hot button topic, warm fuzzy feel-good BS or some other stupid "top ten" list.
Usually posted on fringe right or left wing pseudo news blogs or silly entertainment sites that are really just Facebook's farm system to keep news feeds moving by giving lazy folks, without their own original thoughts, something to post.
I was getting used to ignoring this crap, but recently our local weekly entertainment rag apparently changed hands and what was the new regimes first order of business? You guessed it...start churning out online top xx lists!
The only opinion that matters in the end is my own.
Top 10 Lists that should never have been posted to the internet
10. List of really fun games you can play with Justin Bieber fans
9. List of boutique basses the average person can afford
8. List of Rolling Stone's top anything
7. List of favorite social diseases
6. List of favorite laundry stains
4. List of internet users who have trouble counting to ten
3. Any list that requires me to "like" a facebook page
2. Any list that requires me to download anything
and the Number One List That Should Have Never Been Posted to the Internet:
1. This one
Yeah, the ones that are getting on my nerves lately are "Five myths about ..." that seem to appear on CNN every other day. Most of them are not myths at all, they're straw man arguments that no one beleives anyway.
Save your time and ignore them.
Five myths about talkbass:
1. A Tort Pickguard gives you better tone
Actually, a tort pickguard makes your tone slightly worse. This is scientifically proven
2. Flats are better than triangular strings
Triangular strings are the best you can play. No string will make your fingers bleed more, other than barbed wire strings, which are illegal in Nebraska
There is no such thing as a P-Bass. And even if there were, a Jazz would be more versatile
Carrots are fine in a salad, or eaten raw by themselves, or in a stew, or soup. They should never be put in a chocolate eclair, no matter how many threads state that they should
5. There are only four myths about talkbass.
My least favorite things about the OP's post.
1. It is cynical.
2. It is really about nothing.
3. First world problem.
4. Exposure and absorption are two completely different things. If you notice a list, and wish to avoid ingesting the information contained in the aforementioned list, do not read it. Simple.
Favorite thing about the OP's post.
1. He must have a REALLY amazing life if something so small sets him off. Those of us who have day to day real problems would never ever notice a barrage of lists or consider it a problem for society as a whole. Congrats OP! Your life must be smooth sailing for this to bother you.
I'm just giving you some crap. You were an easy target. Yep. Every article you read these days simply must have a list. That must be the fad that swept through journalism school a few years ago before these non-writers graduated.
Top Two List of Fingers Two Fingers Uses:
1. The Other
I had quite a list going on Christmas Eve and a moderate list Christmas Day. I intend on having a much larger list on New Year's Eve.
I ignore most lists, but some of them have actually been interesting. There was one on Cracked about happy ending movies that actually had dark aftermaths (in the movie My Left Foot, for example, it ended with him marrying his love and being happy, in real life after the wedding she isolated him from his family, didn't feed him much and usually just booze, and slept around possibly as a prostitute). If you don't like the lists ignore them.
Great replies, all of you...especially two fingers! I was inspired by the "Top 20 Things Miserable People Do" list I saw in another post.
The thing is, most of these stupid lists exemplify the "First World" condition. That's why I find them annoying.
What I really hate about those Top 10 lists is that they almost always post each item on a separate webpage, so you have to click through like 10 or 11 clunky, way-too-embedded webpages when putting the entire list on one page would have sufficed.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:18 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.