First, a big thank you to Mark for doing this!
I'll also preface my thoughts by saying that I'm one of those low-gain overdrive guys. I run my drives right on the line where they break up so if I play lighter I can get a good clean sound, but by digging in I can get just a little hair on my tone. That said...
Based solely on these clips and not getting to tweak knobs for myself, here are my favorites in order of preference: 5 10 8 3
interested to see which clip is really which pedal.
1. I like the overdrive sound, but I'd definitely want to turn the tone knob up some. A bit of "wet blanket" syndrome.
2. Aggressive sound, but not enough definition.
3. Closer to how I use overdrive, clean tone with just a little hair. But I've already got this sound, so not quite what I'm currently looking for.
4. Way to much for my taste.
5. Dig this one quite a bit. Good low end, not too much top end bite.
6. same as #1 with tone adjusted?
7. Where did the low end go? lol Sounds like you're playing in a can.
8. I really like the sound, but I'd turn down the gain a bit.
9. I had a really tough time with this one. Sounds a bit "white noise," but it also sounds like that may be because there's a rogue string ringing a bit (particularly starting at :08)?
10. A little fuzzy for my taste, but I dig the huge sound. Another one I think I'd really dig if I could turn the gain down a bit.