Here is the board I made using copper tape laid over a piece of counter to laminate, I choose this method because it was stuff I had on hand (I'm a cheap wad) but I soon realized this was a pretty poor choice.
When I solder it melts the copper tape's adhesive and the copper wants to curl up.
This makes working with it a pain.
Although as luck would have it, I'll have to make a new board anyhow.
I got my inductor yesterday and started work on this finally.
One major flaw with the current board is there is not enough room for the inductor, so for now I have it run to the board with a couple of jumpers.
Now here's a short run down of what has taken place thus far.
I'll start by saying this was a lot more work then I would have thought.
I worked on this thing for about six hours yesterday and I'm still not quite there.
The first thing I got with the circuit above was a very slight tonal change, so naturally I started ramping up cf by placing higher value caps in parallel, it got better but no cigar.
The sweep was to narrow so I then changed Re1 from a 470 to a 1k and that made a hell of a difference!
The range was much better but it was picking up a radio station, EKE!
To my surprise that was a very easy fix, all I had to do was ground the dam thing, derp.
The last thing I did yesterday was to change out Rq for a larger value as the wah was kind of bland and this is the one to change to increase/decrease the peak resonance.
I went with a 100k on this which is a bit too much, the wah is way to harsh sounding now.
So with all that out there where I'm at now is I'm looking at making Re1 a little bigger say like in the 1.5/2k range, as the sweep still isn't quite wide enough, and finding some middle ground as far as Rq is concerned.
Once I get a working prototype I'll then figure out something better for the board.
Till next time...