Go Back   TalkBass Forums > Bass Guitar Forums > Bass Guitar Forums > Effects [BG]
Register Rules/FAQ/CUP Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Supporting Membership
Thank You

Latest Supporting Member
Donate to Upgrade Today

Old 01-26-2014, 07:43 PM
Supporting Member

Supporting Member
NPD! octave content

Bought this from a fellow TBer who responded to a want add I posted. MXR M88 Bass Octave. I have been using an EHX Octave Multiplexer. While I love it a lot, I wanted something with a sound closer to a Boss OC-2, just not as synthy. There is only one YouTube demo on the M88, but I really liked what I heard. It arrived yesterday, and I must say I am really liking it. A bit glitchy below an open A, but most octaves are. With that, I will have it and the Multiplexer on the board so I can have choice of flavor, depending on what works better for specific songs. Here it is in all it's pale blue sweetness.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-25175751_zps9d9cc358.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	275.3 KB
ID:	389644  
Gallien-Krueger Club #742, U.S. Peavey Club #289, "Official" Carvin Club #306, SPECTOR® Club #431, Hartke Club #358, Team Trace Elliot #230
Old 01-27-2014, 09:23 AM

Cool. Have you heard the newer MXR octaver - the M288 Bass Octave Deluxe? I wonder how they compare. The 288 has more controls and looks more like it tackles the OC2 sound.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:44 PM
Supporting Member

Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phagor View Post
Cool. Have you heard the newer MXR octaver - the M288 Bass Octave Deluxe? I wonder how they compare. The 288 has more controls and looks more like it tackles the OC2 sound.
I have no personal experience with it, but have checked out many YouTube demos. It does sound pretty good, and I wouldn't rule out ever buying one, but the original just works well for me, and the layout is dirt simple. Between the M88 and my EHX Octave Multiplexer, I'm a happy guy
Gallien-Krueger Club #742, U.S. Peavey Club #289, "Official" Carvin Club #306, SPECTOR® Club #431, Hartke Club #358, Team Trace Elliot #230