I used this schematic and rewired my jazz bass this weekend.
Preliminary thoughts? Definitely gave me what I was looking for, more output and heavier bottom end. At bedroom volume not an appreciable increase in buzz/noise.
Yes the nuance and complexity of the tone is overpowered and she is a much more blunt instrument now, but in the context of the band I'm playing in now I don't think that will matter too much. Haven't cranked it up for rehearsal yet, nor attempted any recording, maybe I'll try to find some comparisons form my home recordings.
For some pickups like the SD Antiquities or maybe the classic Bartolinis I wouldn't do this, they have such a sweet characteristic, but these Rio Grandes needed a kick in the pants.
Just realized I used 250K pots not the 500. Will have to do some more experimenting!!