|Tydan95 ||10-08-2013 08:58 PM |
Inside of bass smells like something's burning
Hello, recently I noticed that the inside of my bass (Battery compartment and inside where the wiring is) it smells like something's burning and it doesn't make sound when it's plugged into my amp. I have no clue what it is. I have tried to see what the problem is visually but I cannot see anything and I have tried multiple battery's, also the battery's are hot when I go to take them out. I have no clue what to make of this, please help? :hmm:
|Chainsaw Willie ||10-08-2013 09:01 PM |
The battery is hot?
Something somewhere is shorting out. Is your control cavity shielded? Is anything loose? Have you bent anything lately?
|Phalex ||10-08-2013 09:04 PM |
If the batteries are hot that's a sign of excessive amp draw. You have a short somewhere.
|Tydan95 ||10-08-2013 09:06 PM |
Yes, it's so weird and yes, it's covered and no nothing is loose nor have I bent anything to my knowledge. Do you have any idea where it'd be shorting out?
|Phalex ||10-08-2013 09:15 PM |
If the short is close to the battery connection it will drop the voltage too low to power the preamp. If the preamp has an issue it may not work and draw excess current. Printed circuit cards are a pain to troubleshoot, so I'd start with the front end of things closer to the battery.
I think you may need a tech.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:58 PM. || |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.