It was an old Aria Pro-2 Magna Series bass, pretty much entry level stuff, i got it cheap for the sole purpose of hot rodding it and having a good sounding bass that i didnt have to worry about getting too bashed.
I took the old pickups and wiring out, took the original strap pins off too. On with some schaller strap locks then down to the wiring.
Used copper tape that has a conductive adhesive to shield the control cavity, rear plate and pickup cavities. I also used some electrical tape in the cavities just incase of the odd chance that the shielding somehow comes in contact with the magnets of the pickups.
Next i drilled a couple more holes for the extra switchs, It was originally a Vol/Vol/Tone setup.
Ive spend most of the day working on all the wiring slowly to make sure everything is where its meant to be.
Now its equiped with a DiMarzio Model P and Model J, each pickup has a switch for series and parallel and there is a series/parallel switch for between the pickups. The tone dial is on a push pull pot, it uses a 0.1uF orange drop cap resistor, and its a 250K pot, when its "in" the pickups are in-phase, when its pulled out they are out of phase. The volume controls are individual on a dual concentric pot.
Initial playing shows that it kicks ass
Ill fire up some pictures tomorrow, pretty impressive for a first time use of a soldering iron