new custom preamp build !
hi this is my first thread on this forum ,I apologise for any mistakes in my English because i'm for italy !
I want to upgrade my yamaha rbx170 with new pickups (p stile and music man stile ) and new elettronics an active preamp .
I don't want to spend lots of money for a preamp and i think i can assemble and salde it by my self i want to have this tinghs :
-mid-frequency select switch
-9/18 v switch ( optional)
do you have any diagrams or stuff like that ?
Thank you in advance :bassist: !
I've only ever heard of one person wiring a voltage switch, and that was just to experiment. If you have room for two batteries, there is no reason not to always use 18V.
The rest is just a run-of-the-mill three-band preamp with selectable mid frequencies. Before any schematic can be suggested, you need to figure out what you want. Something transparent, or something with its own voice? And if the latter, what sort of voicing?
about the voice of the preamp i want ones that can be used for metal,hard rock,rock,bluse,jazz and punk so she must be very versatible . i'm not decided about 4 band or 3 band with m.f.s which one you suggest me ?
Don't try to do everything at once.
- Mount your pickups first. (Are you going to route new pickup holes? Think about routing a battery box space as well).
- Then wire the blend (pan) pot. And see if it is functioning properly. If not there are several forum threads about blend pot wiring, search for them.
- Add your volume pot if you want (maybe a pot with push/pull switch for future preamp bypass function).
Now, you can play your bass while thinking and searching about the preamp.
- When you decide about the circuit, assamble it as 2/3band EQ and see if it does what you want.
- If you still have space in the control cavity think about the additional functions: Mid-freq switch / passive tone / coil split switch for MM pickup / series-parallel switch for P-pickup / Z-mode switch, etc.
Also, see this thread:
i have found this preamp that is actualy what i need :
but i have a question can i wire a 5 way switch (for selecting coils in my humburker pickups ) in to the blend pot ?
(http://www.guitarelectronics.com/pro...er-Switch.html , http://www.guitarelectronics.com/pro...er-Switch.html )
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:52 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.