OK, so I've installed a bartolini agdb between the pickups and the Glock (bought from bestbassgear.com). It was a fairly straightforward installation, it serves its purpose well and hasn't made any noticeable colouration of tone. I've fully cranked both trim pots and its brought the bass up to unity, or ever so slightly louder, than my main bass (Lakland 44-02), albeit it wasn't mishap free... I ran the solder iron cable round the back of my chair, so when I got out my seat, it made the cable taut, turning the iron onto the body of the bass :-( . on the plus side it is quite a small, neat and uniform burn in a discrete area ( on the back curve of the lower horn), but I'm still pretty gutted about tainting the bass with a blemish.
Last edited by Smit_Dogg : 02-02-2013 at 02:03 PM.