Originally Posted by ctmullins
And ground your refrigerator, man, before disaster strikes!
Exactly! This sounds like a grounding problem or a large RF filter giving leakage voltage. Check all your house wiring and amp for grounding problems at once! I used to have some vintage gear that had the big filter caps between power lines and chassis ground. In all modern gear the chassis is supposed to be completely grounded in the old gear if the ground wasn't there (like using a "ground buster") the filters would put voltage right onto everything. It wasn't like full power line voltage but you could feel it especially where your skin was thinner. Like if you sort of lightly ran your hand over the metal you would feel this kind of "buzzy" feeling. Sometimes even a slight shock. Point is this is a sign of a grounding problem.
GET ALL THAT GEAR PROPERLY GROUNDED AT ONCE!
If you happen to get between the gear and a "real" ground like say a water pipe, it can be dangerous!