Help me before I shoot my computer
I am doing sound for a mobile game. Right now I'm doing some general ambiance for a forest (birds chirping, stream, wind in the trees). I've been using Reaper for all of the past sounds and it's worked without a hitch. Today I go into Reaper and try to export this sound and it tells me that the microphone array isn't working so it can't export.
Usually, I have problems with Reason resetting my soundcard to either no sound or to attempt to use an ASIO driver I don't have full support for. I don't know why, but typically all I have to do is open up Reason and change it in the preferences (I forgot that, obviously, Reaper would have that capability). I go in and the bar is greyed out and it says it's in Rewire mode... so I figure for whatever reason it's interfacing with Reaper and change it there. I don't know if that's related to my current problem.
My current problem is when I try to export files using the "consolidate and export project" option. I've tried it several times and it keeps exporting project files instead of the .WAV sounds it's supposed to export to. I can't seem to figure out why, as it's set to export to WAV and it's worked in the past. I finally got one to export, but now it's 4 and a half minutes long instead of the original 37 seconds. There's almost 2 minutes of silence on either side of the actual sound. I could put that into Audacity and trim it for the purposes of this upload, but I'd really like to fix the actual problem.
Ibanez BTB club # 152