Simplest looper for multi-part songs on the fly?
Apologies if this is (a) a stupid question and/or (b) has been addressed previously (I couldn't find anything precisely relevant in a quick search).
Do any relatively basic (e.g. Boss RC-3 or equivalent) loopers allow you to do multi-part (multi-loop) recording and playback on the fly? For example if one wanted to do the following while say, busking:
- Lay down a 16 bar verse bassline
- Maybe add a percussive layer to that same 16 bars (simple overdub)
- Play / solo over the top of that for a verse or two
- Now switch to a different loop (either laid down immediately after recording the verse bassline, or prepared earlier) to provide the bassline for the chorus/bridge/whatever (i.e. different chord progression to the verse) without any delay
- Play / solo over that
- Potentially switch back to the "verse" loop/layers again.
Perhaps optimistic of me... but wondering if there is a straightforward way this can be done.