So all my parts finally arrived. It was like Christmas arrived early!!!
Bridge, tuners, a super super cool EMG MMTW5 along with an EMG BTS system, truss rod, steel stiffening rods, blank pickguard material, strap locks, Ebony fingerboard (pre-radiused and slotted from LMII), frets and some miscellaneous tools.
Let's start here. Made some cardboard shapes for my pickguards.
Then I routed the slots for the truss rod and stiffening rods.
Using a Martin style truss rod on this bass.
Now, I originally planned on making a pickguard type cover for the headstock but that would complicate access to the truss rod while the strings are on.
So I decided on something a little more permanent. Made a MDF template and routed the shape onto the headstock.
So now... I routed the neck taper.
Next I routed the neck thickness.
Pickguards cut out. I'm not going with a 45 degree edge on these.
Got the pickguards drilled.
With that out the way I started with the neck... the volute and back of the headstock to be specific.
That's it for now. Lot's of work ahead.