The body is now out of the clamps and I have routed away the excess.
I had some acrylic back plate material that I ended up ruining, so I made a new one out of redwood scrap. I soaked one side of it with CA to harden it. I see why it is often recommended to do hard finish when you're working with redwood.. It is soft, a lot like pine really. No pic of the black plate yet, sorry
Will get this cleaned up once I get a hold of a sanding bit (like a drum sander) for my press drill.
There is a smallish crack by the upper horn that I plugged with some CA and sawdust:P
Can't fully avoid making a few mistakes along the way on a first build. I'm at peace with that now
That's the only way to learn I guess.