Yes it is! Rest of the answers will follow!
What I forgot to shoot were shots of me thinning down and tailer the neck.
I used the same jig I used for the embee. I used the router to thin the neck to 20mm.
Then the real creativity started. Without a plan in mind I started with the transition between the neck and the body. After grinding with a laminated drillsander for a while I came up with this.
This gave me really the inspiration and guts to really attack the body heavily with the drillsander. First I started with thinning down the back.
After the rough shaping this is what I came up with (rub of alcohol to check the flow)
The next day: after a bumpy night thinking how to tackle the angle on the headstock I still had no idea. I don't have a portable beltsander or a sawtable and planing ply isn't an option. The only thing I could think of was to build a very complicated jig to route out the angle or go nuts and cut it with the handsaw.
but smart enough to use a guide, trust my skills and check, double check and triplecheck.
But with just .5 of a mm difference between top and bottom, the angle is there :-)
I had no idea for the fingerboard at first. I thought to go for a color of wood like the stringers but Meranti wasn't my choice. So I went to my favorite lumberstore (Arnhemse Fijnhouthandel - Teak Eiken + 120 andere houtsoorten, plaatmateriaal en fineer.
) in Arnhem and took some time rummage around the partsattic.
One of the workers there mentioned a nice piece of timber lying in the luthierssection which he has never seen before. Curly bubinga!
It's a gamble but I fell in love with the pieces available.
That's it for now!