Originally Posted by pilotjones
Please provide a source for this assertion.
My research has turned up that allergic reactions to oak are rare; are of moderate severity; and are generally caused by fungal matter in the bark, not by the wood. I have never found a mention of toxins in oak. It does not appear to be a species that self-protects by producing toxins, as many tropical species do.
I don't have an allergy problem with oak, but i do with oak dust. I have to wear a make when sanding or I end up with a migraine the next day.
Just like some are allergic to nuts and some aren't ... wood will be the same way.