Hey folks, It's been a while but I'm still working away at this build...Slowly. It's progressing as I expected. My full time job (UPS driver) takes most of my time during the week so I only have weekends or late week nights to get anything done. That's life I guess.
Here is the Birdseye Maple fingerboard after resawing it. Then planed to thickness.
I put tape on the back so when I attach it to the fret scale template it's easier to remove. Plus the residue from double sided carpet tape can be nasty.
I attach the fret scale template and use this simple cross cut jig with index pin to cut fret slots.
A few minutes later...
I've installed the carbon fiber rods with epoxy. Installed the truss rod.
I'm using a zero fret but also cut a slot for a nut while I was slotting the fingerboard.
Gluing the fingerboard to the neck will be my next step. I'll be putting a thin black veneer between them as well.
Until then...Thanks for looking.