So my band and I have been floating the idea of putting on a show in the park from April. We talked alot about it,and how awesome it would be to have x local band play there. Well, finally one day while we were talking about it in a music store the store owner jumped in and basically volunteered to give us a PA system for the day.
We had a couple more conversations and finally my band mates told me that since im the one most excited about it that if I can get the bands together that I should go ahead and plan and organize it.
We'll? I did it. I got the bands got the location, paid for it got the dates, organized the time table, designed and printed the posters and started walking around town advertising it.
The festival is on the 26nd I go to rehearse and they sand bag me. They want me to cancel the festival because they don't think anyone is gonna show, they think its too soon and I need to spend a few more months planning it, and that I should postpone it until next year.
They also said its not my job to put on shows.
That we should get someone esle to do it I should just play bass.
We are an independent band and weve been booking all our own shows, I've booked a few, to me this is the same thing with Moore variables. I don't see why they were saying all that.
I basically had to spend 2 hours in a heated exchange with them convincing them, and telling them that I'm not cancelling.
So now after all of this I basically told them that they had to make a choice either help me promote and get people or not come. But one WA or another the pa will be there and i will be there ready to play with the other bands.
Jump to today, the city starts hitting me with some other costs and i have insurance companies trying to rip me off. For a 1 day festival. Its like everyone and everything is trying to force me to cancel. I want to keep going and I want to make this thing something truly amazing, but are the nay Sayers right and should I just quit.
If I do chances are I'll never setup another show again, and based on the weather for the next 3 months in my area and the park availability this is the only day I can throw the event.
I don't know what to do now. What if they were all right and no one does show