Originally Posted by benchpress11782
Yes like that. You happy with it? The one I am interested in looks beautiful. As does yours.
Well, there are pros and cons.. I'll preface it by saying I've had it since 1996 and I will take it to my grave. Pros:
* Most stable bass I've ever experienced. I've never had to do any adjustments in the 17 years I've owned it.
* The neck feels unbelievable. Very fast.
* Great finger style tone.
* The low B string can take down an entire city block
* The most even bass I've ever owned. Everything from the low B to the high C string is even and clear. No dead spots at all. If you do chordal stuff, you'll LOVE this bass.
* Sustain is ridiculous. I mean, really, its crazy. Cons:
* Slap tone is so/so. I prefer having a neck pickup for slap. For slap, I usually just use the sweetspot pickup. Most all of the time, I favor the sweetspot pickup. When the balance is in the middle, it is too nasally for me.
* The 18v preamp can be a bit much at times. I prefer 9v because the 18v is a little too hot for me. But, you can always tone in down
* Does have some of the "sterile" Modulus sound everyone talks about. I know what people talk about but, personally, I don't see it as a negative issue. Its just a different type of sound.
* Mine tends to be a bit heavy. Not sure of the exact weight but it does feel heavier than most of my basses. I'm sure being a 6 string has some to do with it.
I find this to be a great bass in jazz situations. I've played rock gigs with it and it fits in just find but doesn't have some of the lower end that having a neck pickup would give it. I had even toyed with the idea of putting a 3rd neck pickup in but couldn't do it. I'd just get another Modulus instead.
Any specific questions?