Hi all, this is my first post on TB although I've been following it for a couple of months, so here goes. I am a noob at bass, been playing for 10 months, I currently use an Epiphone EB-3 through a Marshall MB15. I have played 2 gigs so far with my band, and I would like to make my sound better. Fortunately in May I will be traveling to New York for a weeks holiday (vacation) from my lonely country of New Zealand (Lord of The Rings
) I have a couple of questions to ask about bass and effects buying in America
1) I am looking at a American Standard Precision Bass. Any alternatives around this price range?
2) I am looking at this pedal setup Guitar --> Cry Baby Bass --> TU-3 Tuner --> Swollen Pickle --> Pork Loin --> Bass Micro Synth --> BF-3 Flanger --> RC-2 Loop Station --> Amp. Any suggestions or changes you would make?
3) What are the best music stores in New York?
4) What pedal board should I use or should I make my own?
5) Are the website prices for Guitar Center GST inc?
Feel free to ask for more information