Drop D Tuner!
So I just went to guitar center to try out some 5 string basses to see how they feel... and it didn't feel and sound something that I hoped for. all the basses I tried sounded kinda flat instead of like growly as I hoped for, so I decided, why not just put a drop D Tuner on my 4 string?
And here I am! Just a few questions regarding to them:
1. When it drops the E to a D, does the tension stay the same?
2. There aren't a lot of brands that made them? But which one is the best? I keep hearing hipshot around here, is that the best one?
3. Which is the "exact" tuner that will match my MIM Fender Deluxe P Special (it's a PJ tho)
Thanks guys :D
2. I hear hipshot is good.
3. Hipshot BT7
1. No, D floppier
3. Dunno, call hipshot.
1. D is a bit floppier, but if you go with a higher tension string with a medium to medium heavy gauge, you'll hardly notice it (I use DR Lo-Riders with good success).
2. Hipshot is the one to get, I've had one on every bass I've owned (Alembic, Warwick, Guild, Fender)
3. Check the hipshot website, you'll figure out the correct one in no time :)
1. Less tension, after all, you're slackening the string to lower it down a full step.
2. Hipshot. I've got 2 and they work great.
3. BT7. just go buy one and tell us all about it.
I'm kinda looking for one of these as well. Are they tough to install? I'm guessing not, but wondering if you have to drill new holes or anything.
By definition a lower not has to be lower tension, but you're not talking about much with this drop. You can see what it will feel like right now. Just tune down to D.
I ordered one on my new Sadowsky 5 and I'm seriously thinking about adding one to my other Sadowsky 5. I really like it and it's easy to set up. He uses Hipshot, but I'm not sure which one.
To answer you're main thought, "Why not get a Dtuner instead of a 5?" Well the Dtuner will only drop a step and a half. If you ever wanna go below a Db you'll have to change the string and reset the Dtuner
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:30 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.