Originally Posted by adhus
Why do i get an electric shock from the strings?..Anybody??..
I had the sam problem when I rested my elbows. I've had this guitar for almost 18 months (Fender Jazz Bass) and this was the first time this had happened. It then happened twice more.
The strangest thing was I then reached to type something into my laptop, then that gave me an electric shock!
I've had the laptop and the bass for more than a year together and this has never happened to me!
The only thing different since then is a different charger, that I got but not from Apple.
So some things to look at:
-When you have your bass out, do you always get these schocks unconditionally or is there a constant (always when you turn your laptop/computer on etc)
-If it is a laptop, are you charging it from the same plug extension? (Mine are)
-Is there any wiring that you may have been quite cheap/not from your usual place (eg my charger)
Once I shut my laptop off or even back away a few inches it stops, so I think it MUST have something to do with it!
Please can you reply answers to these questions? It'd also help me out A LOT!