I love these new original Jaguars! Prob the coolest thing Fender has done in a long while.
I had the Bass Mage johnk_10 work his Dark Arts on it and it went from being a really good bass to just amazing. Prob my favorite bass to date and I have a ton of them, including old fenders. You can read about it on his great site. In a nut shell:
1. Dimarzio Model J pu's- super dark and loud. Humbuckers essentially.
2. New Allparts neck, shaved to a 60's profile, rolled, bound and refinished nitro- with matching black headstock. (new correct 3/32" size dots too, John is nothing if not a detail man)
3. Gotoh resolite tuners (addressing the neck dive.)
4. Swapped out Fender pre for EMG preamp (much groovier. Less zizzy sounding.)
5. Painted the routes for shielding (addressing the noise issue.)
6. New tortoise pick guard (addressing my nerd issues.)
7. Recessed the switches and swapped out the knobs for Bakelite knobs
8. NOS çap from late sixties on the passive tone circuit.
9. Bassmute (I love those things!)
(Fender, get your **** together and hire him as a paid consultant.)