New as a member but a regular read-only guest till now.
I run my own guitar repair shop and a friend of mine stopped by and brought a noname short-scale SG/EB copy.
We haven't found any info on the internet. Here are the specs I gathered:
- solid body, possibly spruce (at least the cavities that are exposed look like it)
- neck looks brown/reddish like mahogany (but could easily be a substitute wood that only looks like it), the neck however feels slightly spongy when pushing down on the headstock
- rosewood-like fingerboard, but looks too dry for RW
- cellulioud veneer on the headstock, no logo or #
- MOP (maybe fake) binding with absolutely no separation, cracks or off-gasing
- celluloid nut that is severely rotten and cracked (even smells bad)
- blade type pups, 2V/2T
- latching toggle switch
- electronics look like German Framus guitars from the 60's (chocolate brown wafers in the pots, square pot casings, cylindrical caps, like the paper-in-oil type)
- cherry translucent body finish, the sealer is clearly visible and really resembles mahogany guitar (same goes for neck, but is tinted brown)
- surprisingly good tuners
- possibly catalyst finish
I strung it up briefly and tried it and everything looks and sounds okay. The neck has a few lifted frets and a few bumps, but all in all straight as an arrow. The sound ... well, slightly cheesy, but that's what I expected and I am not bothered with it. Action is perfect, often times I have to completely change the neck angle to get the saddles where I want them, but this one has plenty of wiggle room.
Apart from that, it is a real minter in it's own right. Chrome looks supreme, no corrosion on the pup poles, just the soft-steel screws are a bit oxidized, everything else looks top notch. Hardly played at all, no scratch marks, a few dings and a few hairline cracks. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/594/8bjp.jpg/ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/513/vaov.jpg/ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/o8mr.jpg/ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/y7du.jpg/ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/89/y89a.jpg/ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/0hm4.jpg/ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/eatk.jpg/ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/uqcf.jpg/