How many basses this Year?
In honor of all the GAS, indecision, bass swapping, hiding
stuff in closets....
I figured an end of year tally for the damage done might
be interesting to see.
Started the Year with 3 basses, squier VM Jazz, VM Jag, Epi EB0 and a little amp. OF which only the VM Jazz stayed.
1) New amp, 150w Rumble. Sold Epi EB0 and 20w acoustic amp
2) Bought CV Jazz
3) Bought used Squier PJ
4) Bought used Fender Deluxe Jazz
5) NBD! MIA P, yay! sold Fender and used PJ
6) NBD! MIM P in sexy LPB (awesome!) Sold CV
7) Bought new Yamaha 504. Returned under 30 days due to electrical issues. Traded for another Jazz. DOH! :confused:
8) NBD returned new jazz (less than 30 again, so sorry I will make up my mind soon) for sexy Walnut finish s.u.b.4
9) Sold VM jag yesterday, cuz sub4 is awesome
So technically I only bought one bass this year.....
Only 2 this year...
1) A cheap short scale P bass, bought for use as a Piccolo, but it is becoming my travel bass.
2) A beautiful Ltd B205 that is waiting for me at home as a CHristmas present from my beloved!
Started the year with a Performer P/J 4, Yamaha RBX375, Performer RM6, an ABG, an Aria AB25 practice amp and a TC Electronic BG500.
1) Epiphone Junior SG guitar with two P-90s (finally finished the setup to make it smooth)
2) Half-completed an Eko 30"-scale 4-string bass (sanded to bare wood)
1) A Rooster P-bass costing barely 100 USD
2) A Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI that hopefully ships tomorrow and gets home before Christmas.
I also got a vm Jag this year. It was the only bass I bought. I also got an ampeg pf-500, a Carvin r-1000, an acoustic 4x10, pedal board, a new tuner, 3 straps, and 5 pedals. Oh, and a couple guitar stands.
That Rooster P bass looks awesome still. Enjoyed your thread when you got that.
Any changes to it or just :bassist:?
Light year for me but expensive.
I got my first Fodera in Jan and that really killed my desire for other basses.
Basses - Traded my Modulus for a Pedulla that I sold to pay for a Fender Deluxe Jazz 5. Sold that to fund part of a 2014 custom build. Sold more than I bought in any case.
Amps - Added a 2nd Jule Monique and just bought a Minnie poweramp.
Cabs - Sold my TC cabs and only use my Bergantinos.
Effects - Went a bit nutty here.... New Tech 21 Chorus, Darkglass B3K, TC Delay, TC Looper, Diamond bass comp, Voodoo Labs Pedalpower 2+ and a PedalTrain board.
Next year will be 2 custom basses that are already on order and a fuzz pedal and that's likely it.:hiding:
2 for me; a blk sadowsky m5 and a mtd kz5.
there is nothing like a sadowsky
I purchased 4 basses this year;
1. SX Ursa2 Ash and curly maple (Pbass) - new
2. Xavier long scale A/E bass - new
3. Fender MIM P/J - new
4. Rickenbacker 2030 Hamburg bass, used 1989 vintage.
5. I also purchased a new Ibanez Classical acoustic/electric single cut guitar.
6. Acoustic B200 bass amp - new
I started the year with a 5-string Fender P-bass and a Reverend Rumblefish. I bought another one of my old Rumblefish back from a friend I'd sold it to a few years ago, but wound up selling it a few months later. So, right now, 2013 is net-zero as far as basses. But, my new Roscoe 5 may be here before the end of the year. :hyper:
Plenty of music-related gear, but the only bass I bought (note that the year isn't up yet) was a Yamaha BB415. Saw it at the local GC used, not the greatest deal, but super-clean, and I just love this thing.
Easily the cheapest of my now-four main basses, but even after the honeymoon period, it just might be my favorite.
I went from two basses, (that I've had for years) to seven this year. Wifey thinks I have a bit of a problem.... I do have a problem.. I don't have enough basses :)
Bought one bass this year 1982 MIA Precision. Upgraded pickups, pots and capacitors in my 2011 Jazz Deluxe, bought another SVT 6 Pro and another SVT 410HE cab. Bought an Ovation 6 string acoustic guitar, Martin string acoustic and Fender Acoustasonic amp. Just picked up an Ampeg BA500 combo amp for use at the rehearsal studio. (this was actually an early Christmas gift from my wife).
I also sold a lot of gear that I wasn't using.
0 this year.
0 last year.
0 the year before.
0 the year before that.
0 the year before that ....
I did get new strings in 2009 though.
A G&L ASAT.
First bass purchase in several years.
No new basses for me in quite a while.
Light year this year, last year was a little nuts.
I bought only one bass this year, a Fender Elite I, I sold it last month to a guy touring through town. I did buy a set of Lane Poor's for a six string bass but they are not drop in to my Carvin and I do not want to destroy the finish.
I bought/built a fEARful 1212/6.
In amps I bought a Fender Bass 300, Carvin power amp, and an Ashdown Little Bastard 30, which I sold. Oh and a Zoomb B3 for a pre-amp.
Next year's GAS list is some gear to take some sypke lessons with Berlin, Wellington, and (Tye) Zamora.
EDIT: I did also get a Fender strat, it is one of the FSR swirl models. Great strat.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:27 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.