My first honest to goodness Fender instrument!!
avoided Fender most of my life because they were shoved down my throat as a kid in highschool jazz band....but got a great deal on this beauty....and i have plans for her..lol
That's pretty! Love the maple and black blocks!!
If once you start down the Fender path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will. :D
Hey, Snake! Nice find ya got there! Which model is it?
Once you go Fender ... there is no other
Played one of those a few months back. Very nice bass! Congrats.
Is that the Classic 70's model? If so I also have one, but in suburst. What a player!! Congrat's!
Play the snot out of it!
I want one of those so bad! I think that's the coolest looking Precision available.
That thing have a 1.5 (Jazz bass) size nut?
Fantastic choice my man, I have the same bass. I bought the bass thinking the bridge would need to be swapped out, but after owning it for a while I decided to switch out the pickups for Fender CS 62 pickup (the factory pickup used on American standards). Short of a Custom Shop P or the 63 RI, I believe with the 62 pickups it is the best Fender. Enjoy!
From what I remember the neck thickness was less than a typical p bass. Makes for a pretty fast and easy playing bass.
- Model Name: '70s Precision Bass
- Series: Classic
- Body: Alder
- Body Shape: Precision Bass(R)
- Body Finish:
- (0266202300, 0132010305)
- Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Vintage-style
- Position Inlays: Black Block Position Inlays
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1 cm)
- Fretboard: Maple
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Neck Plate: 4 Bolt "F" Neck Plate
- Neck Binding: Black Fretboard Binding
- Truss Rods: Vintage Style Truss Rod System
- Middle Pickup: Split Single-Coil Precision Bass pickup (Middle)
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: Vintage Style 4-Saddle Bridge
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Strings: NPS, Gauges .045-.105
- Unique Features: Bound Neck with Block Inlays, Thumb Rest, '70s Style Fender Logo
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome
Thanks guys...honestly I love my ESP's...
But.....visually and aesthetically nobody makes what i want out of the box..and.....going custom from scratch is far too expensive for me...lol
The neck on this bass is going to a natural body....and this one is getting a new neck, new pick guard, new pups, new electronics, and new knobs, and a gotoh bridge..lol
And I bet you dollars to doughnuts Malak the mad knows what i have planned visually.....lol
Speak His name and He shall appear!
…only more of the Precision persuasion? ;)
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:28 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.