Got the maple board Fender Fiver's covered (a P5 and a J5) so know time to get both a rosewood board AND a Tort guard back in the arsenal. Previously had a late 80's Fender MIJ in this configuration that I loved, so when I saw this one show up in the TB classified, I took immediate interest...
A huge Thank You to fellow TB'er "Fair Warning", who found the string spacing on the Fenders a little wider to his liking...
This is a 2012 model and she's in perfect condition!
Well as they say, "no pics, no bass"!!!
- She's the lightest of my 5 stringers and now with selling off all but one of my 4 strings is the lightest of any coming in right around 9 lbs...
- The lighting shows her looking a little more creamy then what she is now, but gives an idea on how she will look further out in time.
- The fretboard is dark mocha richness and the necks grain pattern shows a touch of quarter-saw on the G string side.
- Currently she's strung through body with the original Fender rounds and has wonderful thump, sustain and resonance... Sounds just like a P Bass should!
- I think after a while, I'll go for a set of top loaded EADG and then string through the body on the low B (like some Mike Lulls I've seen) with some Sadowsky Nickel Blues. I have that setup on my Jazz 5 and really like it.
The above particulars sum up to a nearly same look and feel in a 5 string version of my since departed MIJ 4 string Precision which is a total bonus!
Really stoked with this purchase!
Thank you again Lou and Talkbass for being such a great community!