just bought this marvel. I already own a thumb BO 4, but this bass is completely different in every aspect and I got a steal of a deal, I could not pass it...
Thought to share, the bass is pretty rare, only 100 made, maybe someone could be interested in some german porn
Too early for a full review, i have played it in my basement only, will post my impressions when i build up definitive ones.
For now I can give some info:
- well....a 2013 model, number 36/100
- body in US swamp ash, two pieces lovely matched, junction barely visible
- top and matched headstock cover in Vavona Burl (aka Redwood burl, aka the mighty american sequoia roots)
- wenge neck, laminated, 3 pieces with crossed gain
- tigerstripe two color fretboard. the fingerboard is cut in an original way, using the tree from the sapwood to the inner black part.
- very lightweight, the lightest bass I own
- jazz bass neck, very similar profile and dimensions
- very resonant, with a powerful explosive attack, even acoustically, more so when amplified
- unique tone, very unique, despite the common jazzbass pickups and pickup placement (EMG TBJ pups)