New Dingwall bass model "AR5"
a couple of years ago, luthier Sheldon Dingwall and I started discussing about the release of a new Dingwall model. The idea was based on a very versatile and punchy bass, a mix between the ABZ and Z3 series with an essential and elegant look.
I'm proud to announce that the bass has finally released! It's called "AR5" and features:
- a dual density wood body (Northern Ash/Swamp Ash). I love this combination (as far as I know no other Dingwall models have this combination), I think it gives more balance in an "ash" tone territory;
- white gloss finish (I love how the white fits with black hardware!);
- 3 FD3 Dingwall pickups, with P-Tone in the neck position (amazing tone!). Through the 4-position rotary you can get the following pickups combination: a) neck b) bridge and neck in parallel c) dual bridge in series d) bridge. The volume knob is push pull and you can switch from active to passive mode;
- 3-band active Glockeklang preamp (40hz, 500hz, 18khz). When the bass is in passive mode the "highs" know works as a tone, that's a pretty cool thing!
- 5pc maple neck;
- maple fingerboard with Luminlay on front and dot side (love them! very useful when you are on a dimly lit stage without good lights and you have to play technical riffs);
- Hipshot hardware and Bass Xtender to drop from B to A;
- my logo (AR) on the back of the headstock.
What can I say?? I'm very happy with the result and I'm really enjoying this baby!
I'm attaching the link to the video review I made and a couple of pics (you can see more at this link).
For further information you can contact Dingwall sales manager or distributors around the world
I will post more videos in the next months!
Thanks for your attention and have a great weekend!
Keep on groovin'!
The bass looks super cool with the triple p'ups and the headstock. The Glock pre should give it an awesome tone as well... I would love to be able to play one
Thanks guys! Glad to hear you liked it!
Iriegnome, Glocken is a great preamp! But also in passive mode the bass sounds nice and versatile
It's a great looking bass.
Looking and sounding good Alberto
I love the sound of the front pickup! It's a beautiful bass.
Great demo! Nice looking instrument and I like the tones available.
Looks and sounds awesome! When can I get my hands on one? And how much do the run?
3XGREAT=great bass,great player and great video.
Keep on good work and I hope you will post more videos on Youtube because they are joy to watch.
What happened to your Elrick 6 string?
Too many pickups and knobs for my taste. Other than that it's a cool looking bass.
It's been a very long time since I had GAS. This made it happen again.
and I just got DAS!
Too many knobs and buttons and pickups for my taste. The sound too is not what I'd be looking for, but it being a Dingwall I am sure it is really well made and from your review it seems it is what YOU are very much into and wanted when ordering it!
I wonder if Sheldon can do this in a 4 string.....?????
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:54 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.