a couple of years ago, luthier Sheldon Dingwall and I started discussing about the release of a new Dingwall model. The idea was based on a very versatile and punchy bass, a mix between the ABZ and Z3 series with an essential and elegant look.
I'm proud to announce that the bass has finally released! It's called "AR5" and features:
- a dual density wood body (Northern Ash/Swamp Ash). I love this combination (as far as I know no other Dingwall models have this combination), I think it gives more balance in an "ash" tone territory;
- white gloss finish (I love how the white fits with black hardware!);
- 3 FD3 Dingwall pickups, with P-Tone in the neck position (amazing tone!). Through the 4-position rotary you can get the following pickups combination: a) neck b) bridge and neck in parallel c) dual bridge in series d) bridge. The volume knob is push pull and you can switch from active to passive mode;
- 3-band active Glockeklang preamp (40hz, 500hz, 18khz). When the bass is in passive mode the "highs" know works as a tone, that's a pretty cool thing!
- 5pc maple neck;
- maple fingerboard with Luminlay on front and dot side (love them! very useful when you are on a dimly lit stage without good lights and you have to play technical riffs);
- Hipshot hardware and Bass Xtender to drop from B to A;
- my logo (AR) on the back of the headstock.
What can I say?? I'm very happy with the result and I'm really enjoying this baby!
I'm attaching the link to the video review
I made and a couple of pics (you can see more at this link
For further information you can contact Dingwall sales manager or distributors around the world
I will post more videos in the next months!
Thanks for your attention and have a great weekend!
Keep on groovin'!