Hello everybody, how's going
In addition to another PB-like mod project ( Converting PB to PBoom!
), I am assembling another Precision look-a-like bass, but fretless this time.
I've made myself a challenge to finish it in 7 days (I need it to be ready for rehearsal and gigs very soon)
Today is the sixth day already, sorry I haven't had enough time to post daily pics here on Talkbass, was busy working on it and posting updates on french onlybass.com forum
I have few spare minutes today at work
, will post few pics here for you guys too
So, I am assembling the bass from an aftermarket PB-like body and "Hohner" fretless neck. Day 1
Working on the neck: filling worn-out screw holes and redrilling new ones, Day 2
Fine-sanding the body
Putting the tuners on (tuners are basic Stewmac "adjustable tension") Day 3
Staining/painting the body. I used thinned acrylic paint applied with a brush, and I fix it with few coats of furniture oil (a laquier-oil mix close to Tru-oil) Day 4
Cutting out a control cavity cover. Other than that there will be no pickguard.
At this point I wasn't decided yet on the control plate colour, and made two: one black and another tortoise.
(spoiler alert: the black have won
) Day 5
Few more coats of the oil.
Comparing two control plates: