Go Back   TalkBass Forums > Bass Guitar Forums > Bass Guitar Forums > Basses [BG]
Register Rules/FAQ/CUP Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Supporting Membership
Thank You

Latest Supporting Member
Donate to Upgrade Today

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 11:39 AM

Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, EMG, Coffin Case, Maxon

Send a message via AIM to Christian Waiau
Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by husky123 View Post
Here's a spinal tap on Jazz
Old 01-10-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSBassist View Post
I'll be there.

Haven't finished rolling everything out yet.

Doug Wimbish's USA NS-2 is also missing from that initial page.
They'll be part of the main pages for those artists. It's just that WAY more Europe Series (Doug) and Korean Series (Mike) are sold than the USA models.

BTW... how did you like the new site?
That makes sense. I guess the price difference is HUGE on the US vs Euro/Kor models.

The new site's nice. Feels quicker. I like the link to the discontinued models.
My work PC still seems to have issues with mixing the old content with the new, regardless of how many times I've cleared my cache, temp files, history, etc.
I did notice that the NS-2000/5 is still listed as a 34" scale, though, and that it has a flat body with pearl dot inlays. Mine is most definitely 35" scale & contoured with what appear to be either pearl or plastic dot inlays.
There's also no info on the Q series. Is that coming? I'd love to know the differences.
SPECTOR® Club #369 | Fender Owner's Club #13

Last edited by awilkie84 : 01-10-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:10 PM

Supporting Member
Got to try out the Brooklyn at full throttle today and compare it to the Kramer’s. The Brooklyn was slightly lighter than the Kramer’s and has the original drop tuner pretty cool. I would say the tone is almost identical to the blue figured maple that Jeff had (the double boxed bass). Which is pretty &*%*ing unbelievable. Only difference was the Brooklyn was a little brighter due to the .95 vs. the .123 on the Kramer era. The neck on the Brooklyn was just slightly thicker than the figured maple Kramer era not much at all (so Jeff would not want it) and the Flamed maple is a bit thicker than both. The Brooklyn has been played quite a bit. The Schaller post mounted on the front horn is worn completely thru The blue flamed maple Kramer era, has a new 9v in it and all I can say is that they don't make them like they used to. That was the first to come and when I played it I thought "Nothing could beat this" well.... I was wrong twice. These will be passed down to my son for sure. I really hope to get some time to record these comparisons and the modded Rebop 5 soon. Gonna head up and pay a visit to MrBassie at the end of the month for a refinish on the figured maple Kramer era..
Spector OC Member #354
85 White Brooklyn NS-2 #887, 87 Blue Kramer-era NS-2 #1509, 1987 Spector NS-6 #91, 88 oil finish Kramer-era NS-2 #1925, 2011, Euro, 07, Rebop 5, 2012 Ultra Amber (BEM) NS-2 #780
Old 01-10-2013, 02:16 PM

Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses

Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat240 View Post
Got to try out the Brooklyn at full throttle today and compare it to the Kramer’s. The Brooklyn was slightly lighter than the Kramer’s and has the original drop tuner pretty cool. I would say the tone is almost identical to the blue figured maple that Jeff had (the double boxed bass). Which is pretty &*%*ing unbelievable. Only difference was the Brooklyn was a little brighter due to the .95 vs. the .123 on the Kramer era. The neck on the Brooklyn was just slightly thicker than the figured maple Kramer era not much at all (so Jeff would not want it) and the Flamed maple is a bit thicker than both. The Brooklyn has been played quite a bit. The Schaller post mounted on the front horn is worn completely thru The blue flamed maple Kramer era, has a new 9v in it and all I can say is that they don't make them like they used to. That was the first to come and when I played it I thought "Nothing could beat this" well.... I was wrong twice. These will be passed down to my son for sure. I really hope to get some time to record these comparisons and the modded Rebop 5 soon. Gonna head up and pay a visit to MrBassie at the end of the month for a refinish on the figured maple Kramer era..
Nice! I hope when you come North you'll stop by the 'Burg. I wanna hear those basses!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:38 PM

Supporting Member
Quote:
Nice! I hope when you come North you'll stop by the 'Burg. I wanna hear those basses!
Planning on it!
Spector OC Member #354
85 White Brooklyn NS-2 #887, 87 Blue Kramer-era NS-2 #1509, 1987 Spector NS-6 #91, 88 oil finish Kramer-era NS-2 #1925, 2011, Euro, 07, Rebop 5, 2012 Ultra Amber (BEM) NS-2 #780
Old 01-10-2013, 03:07 PM

Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink

Supporting Member
Quote:
So your first Kramer era Spector with the newer 9volt will be on the chopping block soon right? Lol. Not that I want to buy it but I bet someone in the club will want it.....I enjoyed playing it though! Congrats Mike on a great find......when you come through, let me know and maybe we can all meet up at Casa de Husky123!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:10 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to worshiprocker
Supporting Member
tomorrow is the big Album release show! I'm super excited! I'd say the best part is that our very Joe (mrbassie) is coming out.
SPECTOR® Club #246 - NS-4CRFM Jade / NS 2000/5 Black / NS-2JA-R Caddy Green
Sansamp RBI > Ampeg SVT 6 Pro > Fender 610 PRO
Old 01-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Registered Spector Addict

Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by worshiprocker View Post
tomorrow is the big Album release show! I'm super excited! I'd say the best part is that our very Joe (mrbassie) is coming out.
Congrats Donny - that's a big day indeed!

BTW, I think my wife may be a Defy Tolerance groupie - your album has been in our home stereo for several weeks now, and my she cranks it up every morning while we're eating breakfast.

She keeps asking when you guys will be playing Denver...
Old 01-10-2013, 03:38 PM

Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherbassj View Post
So your first Kramer era Spector with the newer 9volt will be on the chopping block soon right? Lol. Not that I want to buy it but I bet someone in the club will want it.....I enjoyed playing it though! Congrats Mike on a great find......when you come through, let me know and maybe we can all meet up at Casa de Husky123!
I still like it but, that one and the plum with the TP are the least that get played. The plum has the jazz neck and is easy on my wrist for certain riffs. The new 9v's are nice but the old circuits sound better to me. I guess as tech evolves and suppliers change so do the components. Live and practice the matte with the BQC it will cop any tone just about, and recording is the Kramer and Brooklyn. I'm still one to get very attached to my gear and have a hard time letting anything go. I sent one of my 400+'s out today and I'm still crying. I'm a vintage junkie. We'll work out the meeting. I'm gonna head up the weekend that we get off for MLK jr day so I can recoup on that Monday.

Quote:
That is very cool, wish I could have made the trip.
Spector OC Member #354
Old 01-10-2013, 04:19 PM

Supporting Member
Quote:
Sounds Excellent!!!!...I hope that don't change the sound...The "double boxed" bass has probably the best sound I have heard come from a Spector.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:21 PM

Supporting Member
Quote:
Mr. Bassie is Nuts!!!!....in a good way!
Old 01-10-2013, 04:28 PM

Supporting Member
Peek-a Boooo I see you....haha...seriously it had this opening on one side.....
Old 01-10-2013, 05:04 PM

Supporting Member
Quote:
Congrats on the bass! Looks like the twin to mine.
Kramer Club #56
Old 01-10-2013, 05:09 PM

Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, EMG, Coffin Case, Maxon

Send a message via AIM to Christian Waiau
Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by diechris View Post
Here's a spinal tap on Jazz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wscZh...e_gdata_player forgot the url
Old 01-10-2013, 05:22 PM

Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dluxe View Post
Congrats on the bass! Looks like the twin to mine.
#1119 05-02-86 your is probably the older brother.
Spector OC Member #354
Old 01-10-2013, 05:34 PM

Supporting Member
Quote:
Oh man, that had me in tears. Love those guys.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:34 PM
Living the Dream!

Send a message via Skype™ to iceboxbass
GOLD Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaGuy View Post
Speaking of The Price is Right.

Did you that Spector basses are sometimes given away as a prize on the Price is right?

Here is a clip of Spector Artist Lynne Davis playing on the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFVkjsDHW7c

Kinda funny on the prices these people are giving, we only wish they could be that inexpensive.
I about rolled on the floor laughing when each contestant said their bid! Lol Not a clue...

Donny...I listened to your bands CD this morning on my home stereo and I think it's awesome!!! The Ball and Chain song is my fav. Knock them dead tomorrow in your CD party! Wish I could be there.
Spector Bassist club #173, Ibanez Club #1149
Old 01-10-2013, 06:48 PM

Supporting Member
Quote:
Oh man, that had me in tears. Love those guys.
"jazz is lot of notes played wrong" LOL
If you're not a part of the groove you're a part of the problem (c) Spector club #278 Spector NS-2
Old 01-10-2013, 07:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to delucajohn2000 Send a message via Skype™ to delucajohn2000
Quote:
Haha, that was great! I love it when they say "man up!"
Club Clement #87 Spector Club #226
Old 01-10-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceboxbass View Post
I about rolled on the floor laughing when each contestant said their bid! Lol Not a clue...

Donny...I listened to your bands CD this morning on my home stereo and I think it's awesome!!! The Ball and Chain song is my fav. Knock them dead tomorrow in your CD party! Wish I could be there.
+1. If I had the means I'd be out there rockin out live at that show. : bassist:
And now to stop procrastinating and learn that 10 page chart I need to have down by tomorrow.
Modulus #68|fretless #593|GK #770|Warmoth #48|Spector #234|Darkglass #55
Quote:
Originally Posted by metron View Post
Smoking bath salts?! Whatever happened to huffing paint? Kids these days.
Closed Thread