Starfire alternate pickup options
I'm looking at pickup options for Guild Starfire basses and so far I'm aware of the following:
1. The original Hagstrom Bisonic (and direct modifications thereof)
2. The 70's Guild humbucker which replaced it (and also appeared in other Guild basses of the era, I'm guessing?)
3. The 90's Guild reissue humbuckers
4. The 90's DeArmond GoldTone humbuckers
5. The boutique Bisonic revivals (Hammon Dark Stars, Novak BS-DS, I believe a winder in France, etc)
6. The new Guild Newark Street Bisonic reissue
Am I missing anything?
These pickups are all more or less the same size (I know the Bisonics mount a little differently from the humbuckers, but they don't require a different routing), approximately 3" x 1.875". This is an unsual size for a bass pickup and as far as I can tell there aren't any aftermarket replacements available other than the above mentioned "boutique Bisonics". Musicman and Thunderbird pickups are longer (but might still fit, maybe), EMG HB's are shorter, Jazz and Precision pickups are completely different... anyone know of any pickups that fit a Starfire without requiring routing or other non-reversible mods? Anyone ever see a non-standard pickup successfully mounted in a Starfire?
Yamaha BB1200S (x2), Guild GSR Starfire Bass, Schecter Hellcat Custom VI, Shergold Marathon 6 --> Fractal Audio Axe-FX