I dropped by to try a few Fender precisions as I was curious about getting a P with a smaller neck. Here are my observations:
- new American Standard P sounded and felt great. The action was nice and low
- new Squier 50's P bass sounded and felt great. The action was nice and low and it was only $369!
- new Fender P necks are considerably smaller than my '57 AVRI.
- the action on my basses is way too high
- Mesa Walkabout 1x12 combo sounded great
- tried some sort of jazz deluxe. Neck was too busy with dots, inlays and white borders; too many knobs and dials and a switch
I love the tone and maple neck on my '57 AVRi but I don't know if I can keep it now.