- Manhasset, NY (near NYC)
- Current Setup:
- My go-to axe is an Ibanez 5-String SR-405.
I also have an upright, 2 Fender Jazz Bases (one Mexican Standard from the mid-90s and one Geddy Lee model), a Hofner and a Dean Fretless Edge, as well as quite a few non-basses.
- G.A.S. List:
- I would kill for a cheap Fodera... :3
I'm also interested in an electric upright, a six-string, a better fretless bass, an active p-up / preamp system for a fender jazz bass (like EMG-J), a good pickup for my upright...
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- I'm currently involved in: 2 jazz groups (small combo bebop / hard-bop standards & originals), a couple of classic rock & oldies cover bands, backing up some singer songwriters, an r&b / funk / pop originals group, a funk / disco / jamband... and am always looking for more work :)
- Influences and Teachers:
- Wow, okay.
Teachers: my first real bass teacher was Mike Frost, an amazingly talented student of Jaco's. At Berklee I had too many to list; Esperanza Spalding was probably my favorite.
As to influences:
Aston "Family Man" Barrett
John Paul Jones
- Favorite Genres:
- Jazz, Fusion, Jamband, Classical, Funk, Latin, Reggae, World, Classic Rock, Other Rock, R&B... etc.
- Available for instruction:
- New York
- Areas of Instruction::
- Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- Career highlights include:
Twenty years of musical experience, including five years of experience as an educator
Studied for five years at the prestigious Berklee College of Music for a B.M. in Bass Performance and Film Scoring (with an additional emphasis on video game music)
Studied classical composition at Walnut Hill School for the Arts
Performed and recorded with a variety of artists, including Mumford & Sons, Umphrey's McGee and members of Phish
Composed music that has been
phnord is not a member of any public groups