- Date of Birth:
- September 19th
- Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
- Long Island, NY
- Current Setup:
- 1948 Kay Orchestra Bass (with French & German bows), 2007 Martin Keith Elfin 5 bass, 2009 Martin Keith Elfin Plus 5 Fretless, 2011 Martin Keith Elfin Plus, 2011 Martin Keith Elfin Fretless. Epifani PS1000 and Demeter BSC212. Korg Pitchblack tuner, TC Electronic Nova Dynamics, 4ms Phaseur Fleur, Catalinbread SFT, ElectroHarmonix Polychorus xo, Blakemore Deus Ex Machina.
- Previously owned gear:
- too much to mention! stuff I kind of miss include: Nordy VJ5, Turner Electroline custom fretless, 2003 Ritter Classic 5, F Bass Studio, FBB #002 Fretless 5, Hondo Longhorn, F bass BNF5, 1978 BG Rickenbacker, Benavente standard 4 string, Steinberger XQ, Musicman Sabre, Spector BoB, Gibson Thunderbird, Fretless Fender MIJ Jazz, Kramer Pioneer...no regrets yet though.
- G.A.S. List:
- A small cab, maybe a 2x10.
Another Martin Keith bass, maybe a sixer.
Pedalboard & looper pedal.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Bass player for Gift Horse, an indie pop band in NYC. Others on the way. Previously played with Narwhal Brigade and others in CA.
- Influences and Teachers:
- James Jamerson, Bob Babbitt, Paul McCartney, Sting, Duck Dunn, Bill Wyman, Ray Brown, Paul Chambers, Bobby Watson, Bootsy Collins, Charles Mingus, Tony Levin, Andy Rourke, Peter Hook, Dave Holland, Eberhard Weber, Aston Barrett, Colin Moulding, Phil Lynott, and plenty others.
smperry is not a member of any public groups