- Date of Birth:
- June 3rd
- Asheville NC
- Current Setup:
- 70's Fender fretless, 80's Fender American 5 String body Aquilar pre-amp, Fender Hot Rod Shop pickups, with Warmouth Red Maple neck, 1976 Original P bass, (lefty) a few pedals for delay, chorus, Strymon. Brick Pre-amp, Ampeg SVT (1970), Ampeg SVT Pro, Ampeg 6x10 cab. My upright... 1963 Samuel Kolstein (first one ever made in Nyeck NY, Genz-Benz shuttle 3.0/10" cab
- Previously owned gear:
- I have owned 80+ basses from $3000 hand made Emporers to Factor, Warmouth, Rickenbacker, 2, or 3 pre CBS J bases and P,basses, headless Status, Ive built a couple from custom parts, addicted to on board pre-amps, do repairs, and I have my own "line" I call re-assebled
- G.A.S. List:
- My first Fender Jazz bass, 1960...Oh how I long for thee...Aguilar pre amp /w power amp...UUHHHH Im dizziy just thinking about it, get my string endorsement back from Diadario, and Ampeg...and one of Jaco personal basses!
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Many local Jazz and fusion groups here in Asheville NC,
- Influences and Teachers:
- Grew up with the Beatles, the Peter Cetera, Ray Brown (my dad was a bass player) Jaco, Nils Orsted Pederson, (not correct spelling) Gary Carr, toured with Ben Sidran, Lionel Hampton, Jerry Mulligan, T-Lavitz and Rod Morganstien, Trevor Rabin (Yes) Lee Konitz, peter Kater, graduated from Arizona State under Dr. Chuck Maronic, (played in his personal group The 10:00 Band with Tony Malaby)...full scholarship as principal bassist of the ASU Symphony Orchestra.currentl on staff at UNCA Asheville as adjunct applied muisc professor...
- Favorite Genres:
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- racquet ball
- Available for instruction:
- North Carolina
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Classical), Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- have played and studied the bass in all its forms for 55 yeras, began my study under the direction of my father at the age of 4 on the Contrabasino..then Frederic Zimmereman at age 8, first electric bass at age 10 when I heard Paul McCartney! fluent in funk, slap, tapping, fretless, upright, arco jazz solos, chords, im a mess!
jamesimm is not a member of any public groups