- Current Setup:
- US Lakland 4 and 5 strings, couple Fenders (fretted and fretless, Jazz and P), Epiphone Jack Casady, Ampeg SVT & GK heads, Ampeg cabinets, D'Addario strings, MXR M-80 DI/preamp pedal, early EBS Octabass, EHX BassBall pedal.
- Previously owned gear:
- Many a Fender & EB Music Man basses, Mesa/Boogie amps and cabs.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Lifelong pro player in many bands, lots of session work, travel a bit.
- Influences and Teachers:
- James Jamerson, Jaco, John Paul Jones, Geddy Lee, Sir Paul McCartney, Sting, Pino Palladino, Nathan (Watts & East), Sean Hurley, Lee Sklar, Chuck Rainey, Bernard Edwards, John Taylor, Willie Weeks, John McVie, Michael Anthony.
- Favorite Genres:
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Cooking, MLB, National Public Radio, fitness/healthy living.
- Teaching Credentials:
- Have taught a lot, strong emphasis on music theory and reading (no stupid TAB!).
oboylebass is not a member of any public groups