- Endorsing Artist, D'addario Strings
- Outside Pittsburgh, PA
- Current Setup:
- ’65 Ampeg B-15, Ampeg SVT5, ’69 Fender Bassman, Ampeg Heritage 4x10. NS Design Upright, '63 Fender Precision, 50s Reissue Fender Precision, Fender Jaguar, Fender Mexican Jazz, (fretted and fretless) Høfner 500/1 Reissue, DeArmond Starfire Reissue, Musicman Stingray 5-string, Epiphone Thunderbird, and TONS of pedals and other fun stuff.
I'm also a recording engineer, die-hard Pro Tools user, (even if it's acting like a tape machine and mixer) and analogue outboard gear nerd.
- G.A.S. List:
- Really wanting a Geddy Lee Jazz bass. One of these days I’ll get around to finding a nice 70’s Gibson Thunderbird, Ripper, and RD Artist too.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Joe Zelek Band, Cry Fire, others at random, and sessions.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Yikes… Where to start. Hmm. Metal in high school: David Ellefson, Geezer, Steve Harris. Tony Levin. Had a brief infatuation with Wooten and Jaco like everyone else. I listen to SO much different kinds of music that it's hard to pick current favorites. Some of them are Justin Meldal-Johnsen, Mike Rivard, and Jimmy Lee Sloas. Chameleon-type dudes. That's what I want to be when I grow up. :^)
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- I’ve been having fun with photography as a hobby for the last couple of years. Film and digital.
Dan Bozek is not a member of any public groups