| || |
|View Profile: bassybill |
No need to ask, he's a smooth...
| || |
|Forum Info ||Contact Info |
| || |
|bassybill has no contact information. |
|Additional Information ||Group Memberships |
- Date of Birth:
- August 14th
- West Midlands UK
- Current Setup:
Warmoth/Status Jazz with graphite neck, Nordstrand NJ4SEs, J-Retro, Badass bridge (and a Hipshot D-Tuner).
Fretless version of the above, only with EMG J pups (no pre-amp, no D-Tuner... yet).
The "reverse" Geddy Lee... GL neck on a white Jazz body with black pickguard, EMG J pickups and a BA II bridge.
Precision project - still in progress...
Stagg Stingray Copy as "the beater". I like this that much I bought the 5er to go with it.
Sold all the stompboxes and the board. All I have now is a Pandora PX4-D to use occasionally. Oh, and the V-Amp Pro for recording. Works great!
Shure PG14 wireless (sometimes)
Markbass CMD 102 P combo (this is still the most near to perfect piece of gear I have ever owned or used. If it got stolen or wrecked I would replace it the same day without hesitation).
Markbass Traveller 151P extension cab.
Behringer V-Amp Pro (in 4U rack with Hartke)
Hartke 2.5XL, 210XL, 115BXL cabs.
HOME RECORDING SETUP
Dell laptop, Core 2 Duo @ 2 GHz, 4GB RAM, XP Pro (and 7200RPM 320GB HDD upgrade plus additional drive for audio).
Reaper, Sibelius 6.
Various VSTis and other plug-ins, including Kontakt 4, Jamstix 3XL (with Bonzopak), Superior Drummer 2.0 with some nice additional sample libraries, Steven Slate Drums, TruePianos, Lounge Lizard EP-3, VB3 Hammond sim, OP-X, Memorymoon, Messiah, FM8 and UltraAnalog virtual synths, sfz soundfont player, all sorts of effects and reverb/cab impulses... I could go on...
JBL S26 monitors and Mission subwoofer with my much loved old Rotel amp for monitoring (or AKG K240S phones).
Yamaha SY85 synth (mainly used as a MIDI controller now, but it still sounds good to me for some things).
Casio home piano (for when I need/want an 88 key controller).
Boss DR-670 drum machine for easy jamming.
AKG D88S and Samson CO3 mics.
A nice Les Paul copy and a Freshman acoustic, neither of which I can play.
Hercules stands, Hiscox cases and Moody straps are all just great. I really like my Warwick Rockbag Deluxe, too. And Schaller Straploks!
- Previously owned gear:
- Too many basses to list all. I sold my Rick and SR4 recently as I never used them. Past amps include Ohm, HH, Peavey, Gibson Lab Series, Selmer... that makes me feel very old...
- G.A.S. List:
- VALENTI!! I also think I can see a Thunderbird in my future. And maybe a Status Streamline.
I'd like a Mesa Boogie guitar combo if I could afford one.
And I'd really love some "Magic Ears", as possessed by some of our esteemed membership right here.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Expresso Bongo Orchestra / Tom Martin Band / "The Yams" big band. And a bunch of teenagers.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Jaco, Bernard Edwards, Jeff Berlin, Percy Jones, Mark King, Stan Clarke, Geddy Lee, Chris Squire, John McLaughlin (yeah, I know - a GUITARIST?!)
- Favorite Genres:
- Soul, funk, rock, fusion.
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Available for instruction:
- West Midlands
- Areas of Instruction::
- Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- Playing in all sorts of musical roles for over 30 years. Sound knowledge of theory and technique, qualified teacher.
bassybill is not a member of any public groups