- Date of Birth:
- January 18th, 1956
- Current Setup:
- Mittenwald factory bass, mid-20s overhauled in 2005 by Jeff Bollbach - new fingerboard, bridge, tuners,soundpost and tailpiece
fishman Full Circle
Sennheiser MD 409U
Walter Woods LoPower
Polytone MiniBrute extension speaker loaded with a JBL 12"
- Previously owned gear:
- 50's Kay M-1, Realist pickup,
GK, Fender, Peavey, Polytone amps
Fender jazz bass, Gibson Les Paul Recording bass
- G.A.S. List:
- It's the ear, not the gear.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Jon Raney Trio, Jeff Silverbush Quintet, Jon Easton, Dan Greenblatt and the guys...
- Influences and Teachers:
- TEACHERS: currently Joe Solomon, in the past Barry Garman, Charlie Haden, Walter Booker, Michael Moore, Mike Formanek
INFLUENCES - lately a LOT of Sonny Dallas, but pretty much anybody with good time and a big sound.
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- troll hunting
- Available for instruction:
- New York
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Jazz)
- Teaching Credentials:
- author WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing SHER MUSIC
Ed Fuqua is not a member of any public groups