- Date of Birth:
- August 26th, 1956
- Current Setup:
- Small 3/4 Hungarian hybrid double bass,3/4 Shen SB-150 double bass, Christopher 7/8's flatback " Puff-Daddy "
GK MB-500, Gk MB-200, Walter Woods c.1982 EA Wizzy 10 cab, Wizzy 12 cab
- Previously owned gear:
- Bose 802, Sonic 12", Raezer's Edge 12", Etc, etc.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Bombay Jim and the Swinging Sapphires, 50-50 w. Jon Wheatley and friends, duo's w. Ed Saindon, Russell Hoffmann, Jack Senier, many others....
- Influences and Teachers:
- Ray Brown, Ron Carter, Scott Lafaro, George Mraz, Oscar Pettiford, Paul Chambers, Sam Jones, Charlie Haden,Wilbur Ware, Bruce Gertz, John Lockwood, John Repucci, Whit Browne, all the cats...
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Bass Luthier, Cooking, Gardenig,Watching Boston sports
- Available for instruction:
- Adjunct faculty Phillips Exeter Academy in NH
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Jazz)
- Teaching Credentials:
- Master classes w. Dave Holland, Richard Davis
Studied at Berklee w.John Rapucci, Bruce Gertz, Bill Curtis
Private Lessons w. Bruce Gertz and John Lockwood. Adjunct music faculty at Phillips Exeter Academy since 2009.
Mark Carlsen is not a member of any public groups